Hey everyone! Today I’m going to show you how to create Plaid Nail Art Designs on your nails! This design is amazingly simple, so anyone can recreate this look! It’s sophisticated, so if you aren’t into the younger designs I like, you will definitely like this one!
1) Apply a base coat to protect your nails.
2) Paint all of your nails using any shade of brown. I used a darker brown, but you can choose whatever shade you want.
3) Paint thick yellow stripes vertically along the sides of your nails. You can paint these stripes straight from your bottle of nail polish because they should be wide.
4) Next, paint red stripes across the top of the nail. Use a bright red, and make these stripes the same width as the yellow ones.
5) Using a black striper polish, apply perpendicular lines in the opposite sides of each color. Make sure there is one black line parallel to the red and one parallel to the yellow. The neater your lines are, the better this design comes out.
6) Once everything has dried, apply a topcoat to keep your designs lasing longer, and to make your nails shinier!
-Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment Base and Top Coat – Clear
-E.L.F. Nail Polish – Smoky Brown
-Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish – Pull Over
-Wet n’ Wild Megalast Nail Color – Red Tape
-L.A. Colors Art Deco Striper – Black
I want everyone to be able to enjoy my videos, so for the hearing impared, this is what I said in the video:
Today I’m going to show you how to paint a plaid design on your nails.
These nails look sophisticated and chic, and they are very simple to recreate!
In only a few minutes your nails will look just like mine, and I’ll show you an easy way how.
First, start out with an even layer of a basecoat on your nails.
Next paint your nails using a brown nail polish.
You can use anything from a tan to a dark brown, but I chose a darker brown.
After that is dry, use a taxi-cab yellow and paint a vertical stripe down the side of each nail.
Try to find a pigmented yellow nail polish so it will show up better.
If you don’t have one, you can make a white stripe underneith to help the color show up.
This one from sinful colors has great pigmentation, and this is what two coats looks like.
Now get a bright red nail polish, and paint a horizontal stripe across the top of each nail.
Both of these stripes should be the width of the brush of the nailpolish you are using, so you can paint them on straight from the bottle.
The last two stripes are made by using a black nail art stiper polish.
Make a horizontal line underneith the red, and a vertical line to the left of the yellow.
The black lines should be perpendicular to eachother, so try to make them straight.
That is all you have to do!
Wait for the colors to dry, and then apply your topcoat to keep your design lasting longer!
I told you this design was simple!
I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial, and if you want to see some more nail polish designs that are not featured on my youtube channel, you can check out my blog, which will be listed in the description box below.
Thanks so much for watching, and I’ll see you in my next video. Bye!
Thanks for stopping by! Please subscribe to my blog if you like it!
xoxo Amber C Johnson from Super Beauty Guru <3
Subscribe By Email!
- How to dye dark/black hair pastel pink
- How to Get Rid of Semi Permanent Hair Dye
- Chalkboard Nails: Chalkboard Nail Tutorial
- How to Make Galaxy Shorts DIY
- Pink Leopard Print Eye Makeup Tutorial
- How I Dyed My Hair Teal to Blue Ombre
- Spring Outfit Of The Day: Bright Orange Maxi Skirt
- Matte Black Nail Design Tutorial
My Favorite BlogsBronzed and Smoky (My Sister)
Archives: All My Posts!